Thursday, April 11, 2013

38 weeks

Wow, I can't believe I'm posting my 38 week update already. Didn't we just announce this pregnancy? Crazy!


How far along: 38 weeks
Baby is the size of: Watermelon (19-22 inches, 7 lbs)
Total weight gain/loss: 23 lbs
Maternity clothes: Yes! I am sooo tired of maternity clothes and I can't wait to wear my normal stuff. I've really only bought a few things, so I feel like I'm wearing the same thing every.single.day...
Stretch marks: Yes, a few small ones on my hips.
Sleep: Still really good. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I think I'm in for a rude awakening when I have to be up with the baby every two hours, after getting a blissful 8-9 hours a night for the last few months...
Best moment this week: Finishing up all the baby stuff. Car seat is installed, bags are packed and baby clothes are washed. We are ready whenever he is. (Well at least I am, David has asked him kindly to stay in for at least another week while he finishes up some stuff at work...)
Miss Anything: A flat stomach...
Movement: Yes, he's been moving a lot lately. I love feeling his feet poke me. Luckily he doesn't keep me up at night though. 
Food cravings: None really. Maybe apple juice?
Anything making you queasy or sick: No.
Have you started to show yet: Yep.
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: Lots of braxton hicks, but no painful contractions. As of yesterday I was 1 cm dilated and 60% effaced. Things are moving in the right direction!
Belly Button in or out: Out
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or Moody: Both! ;)
Looking forward to: Meeting baby boy! These last few weeks are just dragging on and the anticipation is killing me. I don't mind if he's overdue, I just want to know WHEN he's coming. The planner in me is having a really hard time just letting go. I'm really not that nervous about the delivery. I know it's going to be terrible, but it will be so worth it in the end! I just can't wait to finally meet our sweet boy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment