Friday, January 25, 2013

The time we ate our way through Vegas...

My birthday always happens to coincide with MLK day, and this year David and I were able to spend a three-day weekend in Las Vegas. It was actually my first trip to Vegas, and I've always heard that everyone needs to visit Las Vegas at least once. One last spontaneous hoopla before we have a baby.

While the strip in itself is over commercialized and "fake," I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed Vegas. Shows, awesome themed hotels, great shopping, amazing food and just so much to do. It wasn't as raunchy as I was expecting. No half naked girls, no strip clubs and no wedding chapels. I realize all of this is very present in Vegas, it just wasn't as "in your face" as I was expecting.

Let's talk about the food. Oh my, the food we had in Vegas was absolutely amazing. I'm pretty sure we gained 5 pounds each this weekend, but it was absolutely worth it. 

Some of our favorite restaurants:

Bouchon for brunch. The apple oatmeal and french bread was amazing. Very chic and they had delicious pastries too!


Olives at Bellagio and Mon Ami Gabi for dinner. Both super charming and had delicious food.

Jean Phillipe Patisserie for dessert. Their pistachio gelato is heavenly and the nutella crepes were amazing!


Some pictures from our weekend:

A stop at Hoover Dam.


In two places at once - on the border of Arizona and Las Vegas. 




The awesome view from our balcony. (We stayed at the Cosmopolitan)



I think the Venetian was my favorite hotel. I just loved the canal.


 

Not too many pictures, but I can assure you that we had a great weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment