Sunday, May 12, 2013

Theodore - THREE weeks


Theo, 
You are THREE weeks old today! I've said it every week, but I can't believe how fast this is going. You are growing up so fast...

Here are some things about you in your third week of life:

You are so expressive and vocal. I don't think I have ever met a newborn with as many facial expressions as you. It cracks us up. My favorite is your scowl and your pirate face. You are so cute. 

Nursing is still going really well. I was going to write that it's becoming less painful, but then I developed mastitis yesterday. Ouch!

 You have been a little fussier in the evenings this last week. Your cry sounds more like a growl and you have been fairly easy to console so far. 

I think you must have gone through a growth spurt this week, because for two days all you wanted to do was eat nonstop. I think I must have nursed you 13 times on Wednesday!

Mormor has been here this week and you have been loving all the snuggles and kisses.

You have been making much more eye contact this week. You have such a serious look when you stare into our eyes. I often wonder what you are thinking. 

Sometimes when you are tired, you grab your hair and pull until it makes you cry. It's the saddest and funniest thing ever. We have to pry your hand open while you scream at the top of your lungs. 

You love music and it calms you down right away. I sing "Soro Lillemann" to you every night and it's definitely your favorite.

So far you are a really good sleeper. You have been sleeping at least one 4-5 hour stretch every night this week. I am so thankful for some extra sleep.

Today is my very first Mother's Day and I still can't believe that I get to be your Mommy. You are such a sweet little boy and I can't wait to see the person you will become. You made me a Mamma and I will forver be thankful for that. I spent my first Mother's Day sick at home, but it's ok because it meant lots and lots of snuggles with you. I love you so much my sweet boy. 

Love, Mamma

----------------------------------

Here are some of my favorite pictures of you from your third week of life:




 


No comments:

Post a Comment