Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Theodore - ONE month



Theo, 

One month ago today my life changed forever. I met you. It's been the most wonderful, emotional, exhausting month of my life. I've never been so tired but I have also never been so happy. I look at your sweet face and I am so amazed that you came from me. You are such a perfect mix of your Daddy and I. 

Here are some things about you at one month:

 You weigh 8 pounds 14 ounces and you are 20,5 inches long. That puts you in the 23rd percentile for weight and 14th percentile for height. You are perfectly healthy and growing well!

 Breastfeeding is going great and you are gaining weight like a champ! You nurse every 2-3 hours.

You sleep 2-5 hour stretches at night. Your longest stretch is right after we put you to bed for the night. Daddy gives you a bath (which you love!), we nurse and then you usually sleep for about 4 hours. You are such a loud sleeper and you grunt all night long.

You are wearing newborn sized clothes and diapers. You are fitting into some 0-3 month clothes, which is good because I didn't buy enough of the itty-bitty stuff. 

You love going for walks in the stroller or baby bjorn, bath time with Daddy, music, sleeping on someone, your swing and eating. 

You don't like having your diaper changed, having to wait for food and being cold.

We took you on your first road trip this week. We went to Sedona and Flagstaff with Mormor. You were so, so good and we just loved having you come along with us. It was much cooler in Flagstaff and we were able to take you on your first hike. You slept in the baby bjorn the whole time. 

You are so much fun lately. We've been seeing more smiles, you are cooing and you make lots of eye contact. It's like you are all of a sudden a real baby and not a newborn any more.

We've been calling you "the professor" because you are such a serious baby. You have a constant scowl on your face and a wrinkle on your forehead. But at the same time I think you are the most expressive baby I have ever met. You have so many different facial expressions. It will be so fun to see how your personality develops. 

You are still a curly newborn ball and we just love snuggling with you.

Sweet boy, I hope that you will always know how much I love you.

Love, Mamma

-----------------------------

Here are some of my favorite pictures from this last week:






No comments:

Post a Comment